RB Lea’ Library is a place where our young students learn the importance of books in their academic development. One of the outcomes of their regular visits is the gradual understanding of the joy and inspiration books will bring throughout their lives.
Library Quick Facts
- Librarian: put staff member name and phone number and extension
- Library Assistant: put faculty name
- Hours: Sunday to Thursday 08:30 to 13:30
Browse our catalogues here
The library plays an important role in the Early Years Programme by providing resources to help support students' study of units of inquiry and enhance their classroom learning experience. With more than 3,000 items, including fiction and non-fiction books, DVDs, audio books, CDs, and an international section with books in many languages, the Primary School Library is a well-equipped resource center.
The loan period for all students is one week; for parents it is two weeks for books and one week for DVDs and audio books.
- First Steps - Pre-Primary: One book
- Reception: Two books
- Year 1 and Year 2: Three books
- Parents: Five (books, DVDs, CDs, audio books etc.)
Parents are welcome to visit the library during open hours to browse the parents' collection
Visiting Authors and other Events
During the year, Lea’s Library hosts visiting authors for workshops, book presentations and read alouds. During visits, students also have a chance to have books and other memorabilia signed by some of their favourite authors.
Past visits have included:
- Mrs Rima Khalidi wife of the Palestine Ambassador to Kuwait book
- Mrs Uli Bergner wife of the German Ambassador to Kuwait book
- Mrs Carmen wife of the Spanish Ambassador to Kuwait
- Mr Taleb Al-Rifae, Kuwaiti author with International Women of Kuwait
- In addition to visiting authors events, the PTG hosts several week-long book fairs, offering a wide selection of quality titles for purchase in both English and Arabic language. Proceeds from the book fairs help support the the Thrive Foundation B1G1 SDG4 programmes.