RB School Counselling
The goal of the School's counsellors is to support your child emotionally and socially in all aspects of the school environment. At the school, counsellors see students individually, in small groups, in the classroom and in informal settings like the playground and cafeteria.
Counsellors assist students with issues such as:
- Joining/Leaving the school
- Self-esteem and friendship skills
- Anger and stress management
- Creative problem solving
- Social issues like bullying
- Traumatic events (divorce or a death in the family)
In addition to helping your child in the school environment, counsellors are also available to address parental concerns including:
- Settling in and/or moving homes
- Positive discipline strategies
- Homework strategies
- Behavioural issues Individual meetings can be set up with counsellors and periodic parenting talks are also offered throughout the school year.
At RB counsellors advocate on your child’s behalf and can assist in referrals to outside resources including educational physicians, occupational therapists, and psychologists and psychiatrists.